As soon as possible up to March 21, 2013|
Leave Replacement: Appointment end date may be extended or end early dependent on return of incumbent.|
0-35 hours per week|
Arrange and execute large- and small-scale photo shoots with the intention of producing images that will be used in marketing collateral across the institution.
As part of the design team:
- Arrange photo shoots, which includes the development of a concept with the design team, scouting locations and securing appropriate models;
- Coordinate photo shoot schedule activity with faculty, staff and students, as required;
- Ensure appropriate management of VIU's waiver system;
- Work with the Communications office to photograph news and special events, as required;
- Upload, sort and organize photographs for use in marketing collateral;
- Understand VIU's brand architecture and ensuring these standards are reflected within institutional imagery.
May be required to travel to locations within VIU's region as well as to the other campuses. The time required to travel to shoots (as necessary), to take photos and to process photos is included within this appointment.
Successful candidates will participate in a wide range of activities, including, student support; institutional, faculty and departmental committee meetings and other initiatives; and professional activities in keeping with their disciplines in and outside the institution.
Professional photography certificate from an accredited institution, or equivalent recent, relevant experience.
Experience as a professional-level digital photographer. Besides advanced knowledge of equipment and technical aspects of photography, this role requires some understanding of VIU's target audiences. Proficient in a Mac environment and possess a solid working knowledge of industry-specific software. Should have some experience managing projects. Must be creative, organized and have the ability to communicate effectively within a professional environment.
Must possess a valid Class 5 BC Driver's Licence and have a confirmed satisfactory driving record (as specified in Vancouver Island University policy and procedures).
Experience in a post-secondary setting|
Short-listed candidates must provide original transcripts, or applicable original certifications at time of interview.
|Posting Period:||January 31, 2013 - February 13, 2013|
Vancouver Island University regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.|
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Vancouver Island University embraces the principle of employment equity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people of Aboriginal descent.