Moodle is Vancouver Island University's outgoing Learning Management System. It is used for producing web-based courses used for both fully online courses as well as a supplement for face-to-face courses (blended learning). It will be discontinued as of May 2013.
We have gathered a variety of resources together for you to assist with the development of your courses for the last term Moodle will serve as a LMS (January - April 2013).
Request a Moodle Course
- To request a Moodle course (new or based on an existing course) click here: Request a Moodle Course. We will create the course shell for you and contact you once it is ready for you to build your course.
Creating Quizzes in Moodle
- For assistance in creating quizzes in Moodle read the following Moodle Quiz Module: Moodle 2.2 Quiz Module
- Here is a great video on how to add questions to the Moodle question bank: Adding to the Question Bank
- For a demonstration on building a quiz watch the following YouTube video: Building a Moodle Quiz
Design and Navigation
- Add a label to a section of your course layout (pdf)
- Change the theme/appearance of your course (pdf)
- Collapse, open, and rearrange course sections (pdf)
- Add a file to your course (pdf)
- Add a file to a folder (pdf)
- Delete a file from a folder (pdf)
- Change the way a file is displayed. eg Pop-up, download, embed (pdf)
Adding Resources and Activities
- Add a URL to your course (pdf)
- Add a video to a page within your course (pdf)
- Add an image to a page within your course (pdf)
- Add an image to a section summary (pdf)
- Moodle.org - The online manual for Moodle. Here you can find great Moodle documentation as well as support forums that will answer almost any Moodle question you have. Specific tools in Moodle.org that are very helpful include:
- Moodle Docs: http://docs.moodle.org
- At any time, use the 'Search Moodle.org' function in the top right of the Moodle.org website to search for the answers to your questions.