Love of Learning
Come back to university - on your own terms.
Do you want to take a university course, but don't need the grade or the credit? Take an academic course without the stress of exams or assignments - simply for the love of learning. Most VIU academic classes that are not full are available to students in the Love of Learning program. Apply now to gain access to a wide selection of courses at only $99 per 3-credit course, plus student society and activity fees.
The Love of Learning program is open to all adults who have completed grade 12 English or equivalent. Transcripts are not required to register, however you should take a look at the course prerequisites (found in the course description). These will give you an idea of how prepared you should be for the level of discussion within the classroom.
You'll love it!
Follow these 4 easy steps to register:
- Fill out an application to VIU's Love of Learning program and include the application fee. When your application has been processed you will be sent a student number in the mail.
- View the current semester's timetable to find courses that interest you that have available space.
- Upon receipt of your confirmation of acceptance to the program, you will be given a date to register for courses.
- Your course fees will be due upon registration.
Some disciplines that may have space in their courses are:
- Creative Writing
- Women's Studies *Please note: “participatory” courses such as Music performance/instrument, Studio Visual Art, and Physical Education skills courses may not be available.
For More Information:
Call 250-740-6400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.