Visit an Educational Advisor on a regular basis to become an active partner in your educational planning. These are just a few of the many topics you might explore with an Educational Advisor:
- Services for Students
- Upgrading to meet prerequisites or admission requirements
- Review Registration Procedure and how to use the online Web Registration.
- Course Selection Tips
- Waitlist Procedure
- Exploratory University Studies - What is Your Next Educational Goal
- Preparedness - are you ready to succeed?
- Planning Your Upgrading for Required Prerequisites - Adult Basic Education
- Degree, Diploma, Certificate or other program information
- Changing Programs
- Applying to Graduate with an Associate Degree or General Diploma
- Problem Solving when a semester is not going or did not go well - Changing Registration Status - including adding or changing courses, withdrawal from courses or programs, and late withdrawal.
- Planning a Return to VIU
- Probation or Suspension concerns or GPA questions (How to Calculate Your GPA)
- Returning from Academic Suspension - read and review options to plan a successful return to your post-secondary studies ANYTIME during your suspension.
Degree Advisors see students ready to declare their Major/Minors or with specific questions about the path toward their chosen degree.
Resources for Students
- Learning Matters... a digital learning commons for students
- Career Connections
- Educational Connections
- Social Connections
- Personal Growth Groups offered by Counselling Services
- VIU Policies on Admissions and Standards