Educational Advisors can help you to discover, plan and work toward your educational goals. You can achieve a more fulfilling educational experience through an advising relationship. While post secondary education can be one of life's most rewarding experiences, it can be a confusing adventure for some, and an intimidating process for others. We are available to answer your questions or steer you in the right direction when questions arise.
This version of our worksheet links directly to information often referred to when you meet with an advisor.
Educational Advisors are available on the Nanaimo Campus in the Student Affairs Advising Centre (Building 200), International Education (Building 255), Services for Aboriginal Students (Shq'apthut - Building 170), Adult Basic Education Program (Building 205) and at the Cowichan and Powell River Campuses.
With an Educational Advisor you can:
- Explore career and post secondary options
- Choose or change your program or courses
- Select courses that will help you clarify your options
- Clarify your educational goals
- Develop your educational plans
- Explore the impacts of dropping a course
- Make a switch to a new program
- Get connected with appropriate resources
- Ask questions: Information we can provide