A $10 service fee will be applied to all refund and withdrawl cheques with the exception of those requested due to program cancellation or medical/illness.
Please be aware that Convenience Fees from online transactions are non-refundable.
- Requests made two (2) weeks or more prior to the event will receive 100% minus the $10 service fee
- Requests made one (1) week or more prior will receive 50% minus the $10 service fee
- Any requests made less than one (1) week prior to the event will not be granted any refund amount
- No refunds will be given on any gymnasium services (towel, racquet, lockers) or special events (Canucks Road Trip)
- For activities that have been modified due to weather, refunds will be allocated on a case by case basis.
- Registration in any Campus Recreation, Outdoor Recreation, Fitness, Intramural, or Mariner Athletics program is non-transferable.
Is this Activity Really for You?
Campus Recreation strives to offer a wide variety of popular activities that are accessible to all students. It is the responsibility of all participants to ensure that they fully understand the risks and the physical and mental requirements of any program. Detailed descriptions of programs are available through the Gym Office or the web and staff will be glad to meet with students to explain any of the programs in detail. In cases where prospective participants are unsure of their ability to participate without exposing themselves or others to undue risk, participants will be encouraged to contact specific coordinators listed below for a readiness assessment. Alternate programs may be recommended at that time or avenues for additional support will be explored.Participation in a particular activity may be disallowed by a Program Coordinator.
All participants are required to have valid medical insurance when signing up for any VIU Campus Recreation or Outdoor Recreation programs.