What is a VIU Co-Curricular Record?
Vancouver Island University is committed to student success and the student experience. The University recognizes that engagement in co-curricular activities promotes holistic student development that synthesizes learning from a variety of contexts inside and outside of the classroom.
The Co-Curricular Record (CCR) provides a centralized database of activities that lets students easily search for opportunities to develop their interests, self-developed learning goals, and career aspirations by connecting classroom learning to experiences outside the classroom.
Students are able to print and/or download an official Co-Curricular Record which is authenticated by the institution.
Criteria and the Validation Process
Activities recognized on the CCR must be approved by one of the University’s evaluation committees and they must meet the following minimum criteria:
- The activity must be affiliated to the University through the sponsorship of a member of the University’s faculty or staff.
- Successful completion of the activity must be validated by a recognized faculty/staff validator.
- The learning developed through participation in the activity must be intentionally associated with at least one of VIU’s Graduate Attributes.
- Students must demonstrate goal-setting and intentional, active, and reflective learning throughout their engagement in the activity.
- Students must complete a minimum of 15 hours for each position activity.
- Non-academic credit can be recorded on CCR.