Services in the VIU Health & Wellness Centre
The Health and Wellness Centre offers the following services to VIU students:
- Biopsy, suturing and stitches
- Birth control and family planning
- Diagnostic services, laboratory services and referral to radiological services
- Gynaecological services
- Laboratory testing, urinalysis, cultures
- Mental health and wellness
- Physical examinations
- Referral to other health care providers including diagnostic, treatment, procedures, and care
- Sexual health and wellness
- Specialist Care
- Well Woman and Well Man (education, health maintenance, preventive medicine)
VIU Health & Wellness Centre
NOW OPEN FOR VIU STUDENTS!
Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am to 3:30 pm For an Appointment Call: 250.740.6620 Located in Building 200 Drop-ins Welcome
About the VIU Health & Wellness Centre
The VIU Health & Wellness Centre is open to provide medical health care to students enrolled at Vancouver Island University.
Nurse Practitioners provide accessible, efficient, and effective health care that meets the highest standards of practice.
In British Columbia a Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a Registered Nurse with a master’s degree and advanced knowledge and skills who provides high quality health care. NPs are able to diagnose, consult, order and interpret tests, prescribe, and treat health conditions. They work independently and collaboratively and will provide VIU students with Primary Health Care using a team-based approach.
In addition to the medical health services the NP provides, the MOA can provide first aid and assist with medical procedures.
The Health and Wellness Centre aims to provide health care, education and preventive medicine, and involve its students in responsible health and wellness.
Information on the role of the Nurse Practitioner.