ITA HEO Foundation
This 4 week course has been developed with the support of the BC Road Builders & Heavy Construction Association as a pre-employment program. It gives an overview of the industry including:
- Safe work practices
- Environmental requirements
- Orientations to equipment and tools
- Introduction to principles of civil engineering
The Foundation program will satisfy the pre-requisite requirements for the ITA HEO Technician (Apprenticeship) program. The following certifications are provided:
- Occupational First Aid, Level One
- Traffic Control
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS)
- ITA Certificate of Completion
- VIU Application (if completing the application online select Heavy Equipment Operator)
- Assessment testing
- Personal profile
- Valid Driver's Licence ("N" is acceptable), there is no public transit to the training site and virtually all jobs will ask for a copy of your license.
- 18+ years of age (exceptions may be allowed)
- Grade 12 education, or mature student (exceptions may be allowed)
Application fee: application fee (one time fee, this fee changes annually)
Textbooks cost approximately $90 and are available at the VIU Bookstore 250-740-6200, or follow the link below to purchase directly from the Queen's Printer and Crown Publications Services.
|RBCF||Road Builder & Heavy Construction Foundation Program||Queen's Printer|
This class is generally offered twice per year in the Spring and the Fall.
updated Jan '14 KS