Milner Gardens and Woodland Membership
Annual Member Benefits
- Unlimited entry to the Garden during regular garden hours (excluding some Special Events)
- Reduced admission for Member’s Guests. Members do not need to accompany guests— To be purchased in advance
- Discounted pricing on Admission to Special Events
- 10% discount off regularly priced items and plants at the Gift Shop & Nursery
- Early entry into the Fall/Spring Plant Sale Events
- Membership in the Milner Gardens and Woodland Society
Annual Membership Categories
-Individual Member= 1 year: $28 or 2 year: $50
-Household Member (two adults and children living at the same address)=1 year: $45 or 2 year: $80
- Additional adults can be added to Household Memberships at $20/additional adult/year
Note: membership prices include GST
Membership Form for Vancouver Island University Employees
Milner Gardens and Woodland Society
In 1998 a small advisory group was formed to provide advice and support to the Executive Director of the Gardens. This group helped to look at the challenges and opportunities of taking the private gardens and converting them to a public garden. The group evolved, and in 2000 Milner Gardens and Woodland Society was officially incorporated under the Society Act. In early 2001 it became a registered charity. The Society was “closed” with members being appointed according to their positions within the University, or as invited members of the community. The Society Board provided advice and feedback to the Executive Director of the Gardens and members of the University’s Administration, as well as financial support for the Gardens through fundraising efforts.
Milner Gardens and Woodland Society is now growing again. At a meeting of the Board of Directors held March 10, 2009, a resolution was approved to change the bylaws of the Society to open membership to anyone 18 years of age or older who purchases a membership to Milner Gardens & Woodland.
The Annual General Meeting of Milner Gardens and Woodland Society for the fiscal year 2015-16 will be held at 7:00 pm, Tuesday May 31st, 2016, in the Milner House at Milner Gardens & Woodland, 2179 W Island Hwy, Qualicum Beach BC.
Nominate a member of the society to run for a position of Society Director
Constitution and Bylaws
View the Milner Gardens and Woodland Society's consitution and bylaws (PDF).