Centre & Community
Malaspina was founded in 1969 and became Vancouver Island University in 2008. It has a $60M annual budget and serves 22,000 each year in its credit and credit-free programs. There are 2,000 employees at four campuses located in Duncan, Nanaimo, Parksville and Powell River. Ralph Nilson is the President.
The Parksville•Qualicum Centre is located in the Parksville Civic & Technology Centre along with its partners, the City of Parksville, School District No. 69 and the Vancouver Island Regional Library. This new partnership is the first of its kind in Canada and is designed to create a “learning community”, linking education and economic development through information technology.
Our Centre serves 4,500 students annually and provides a full range of programs including Career and Academic Preparation (Adult Basic Education – ABE), University Programs, Professional Development and Training and ElderCollege. Parksville•Qualicum Centre programs reflect the unique needs of the region it serves and provide a front door for students to all Vancouver Island University programs.
The Parksville•Qualicum Centre is located in the beautiful oceanside resort city of Parksville on Vancouver Island’s East Coast, British Columbia, Canada.
- Nanaimo Campus - Our main campus
- Powell River Campus - Located on the BC Mainland
- Cowichan Campus - Located in Duncan
- Oceanside Region Tourism Association – Good connections for tourists.
- Pacific Rim Tourism Association - Great views and information on Vancouver Island’s West Coast.
- City of Parksville – Get a good overview of Parksville here.
- Parksville.net – A comprehensive source for Parksville community happenings and connections.
- Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce – More good local information.
- Qualicum Beach Chamber of Commerce – a great overview of Qualicum Beach.
Career Centre – Want help planning
a new career, or looking
for a job?
- School District #69 – Our local school district connections and information.