Medical Office Assistant Training
3 Month Full-time Certificate Program
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate Program Guide
- Health & Human Services current course offerings
Attend a FREE Information Session
Build your career in the health care field. The Medical Office Assistant supports doctors and other health care professionals in a variety of medical settings.
Graduates will be prepared for employment as Medical Office Assistants in medical offices and specialist offices. Skills may also be transferable to positions in other medical settings.
The program consists of the following courses:
- Pharmacology For The Medical Office
- Interpersonal Skills In The Medical Environment
- Medical Office Procedures
- Computerized Medical Billing
- Keyboarding And Computers In The Medical Environment
- Medical Transcription
- Observational Practicum for MOA's
NOTE: Medical Terminology is now a Prerequisite.
See Essential Prerequisite course offerings for course schedule.
Courses offered daytime, Wednesday to Saturdays over a three-month period (Parksville and Cowichan Campuses). Students must complete all the courses in the program within this period.
Please see the Program Availability List for information on the next intake of this program.
How to Apply
Refer to the Program Guide for details.
revised October 12, 2016