Skip to main content - Skip to contact information

Facilities: 1950 - 1959

Auto and HD shop, 1952
This building was originally Camp Nanaimo's army tank repair facility during WWII. It was used by VTS as an automotive and heavy duty mechanic shop from 1946 - this photo was taken by the Department of Education, 1952.
Image courtesy of the Royal Museum BC Archives

Campus Map
VTS Campus map, late 1950s.
Image courtesy of Kathleen Brodie (Kitchen)

Campus view 1957
View of Nanaimo Vocational Training School campus (looking downhill), 1957.
Image courtesy of VIU Archives

Vocational School Expansion
PDF Version

April 14, 1959: Nanaimo's VTS receives provincial and federal funding for new resources, instructors, and students.
Article courtesy of Nanaimo Daily Free Press