Join us for Summer Camp 2015!
By participating in The High School at Vancouver Island University's summer camp you can expect to:
- Improve your English skills
- Learn about Canadian culture
- Experience life in Canada
- Make new friends from around the world
- Participate in field trips and recreational activities
- Explore Nanaimo and Vancouver Island
Our camp takes place at The High School on the campus of Vancouver Island University in Nanaimo, BC. Nanaimo is located on the East coast of Vancouver Island, we are just 90 minutes by ferry from Vancouver or a 15 minute flight. Temperatures in Nanaimo average between 20 and 30 degrees Celsius during the months of July and August.
General Program Information
The summer camp at The High School is offered to students between the ages of 14 and 18. Camp begins on July 6th, 2015 and ends on August 28, 2015. Participants may choose the length of their stay, from one to eight weeks. Accommodation for our program is provided by the VIU Homestay Department.
Schools, companies or organizations interested in sending a group of students to participate in our summer camp can request a quote for a custom program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.
To apply for summer camp please follow these steps:
- Complete a Summer Camp Application
- Complete a Homestay Student Profile
- Provide a copy of the student's passport photo page
- Submit the $200 non-refundable application fee
Once we have received your completed application we will provide an invoice and a conditional letter of acceptance. An official letter of acceptance is issued once the invoice has been paid.
|1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||5 Weeks||6 Weeks||7 Weeks||8 Weeks|
- Please note the fee schedule is subject to change.
- These fees include: application fee, tuition, accommodation, meals, activities, and textbooks.
- Personal expenses and travel insurance are not included.
- Payments may be made by credit card, or electronic funds transfer. Details will be provided on your invoice.